Beaded spider tutorial!
- MATERIALS: Wire cutters, needle nose pliers, a head pin, four pieces of wire (legs) about three to four inches long, seed beads, a big (butt) bead, and a little (head) bead.
- String both beads onto the head pin, with the big (butt) bead on the bottom and the little (head) pin on the top
- Trim the tail of the head pin fairly close to the little (head) bead, leave enough space to create a loop with the tail
- Create the loop with the tail, make sure the loop closes, and that there is a small gap between the little (head) and big (butt) bead.
- Put the four pieces of wire between the head and butt bead, make sure they fit, if the don’t, make the loop at the top of the head pin smaller.
- Start to wrap the wire (legs) around the middle bit of the head pin, you may want to do one piece of wire at a time to keep them all laying completely flat
- Wrap the leg wire all the way around the middle bit of the head pin until they are pointing in opposite directions from where they originally started.
- Separate the wire legs, and begin stringing seed beads onto them, i usually do about twenty beads, but the number is totally irrelevant, do however many beads your heart desires!
- Trim the end of the wire and make a loop (same as steps 3 & 4)
- String beads on the remaining seven legs and position them the way you like them
OPTIONAL: put a fun instagram filter on you picture to make the details pop!
These are great for pins, hair accessories, hanging around your house, or whatever you like!